Founded in Vancouver, BC in 2007, by a group of highly experienced industry veterans with over 100 years combined experience in Active RFID technologies GuardRFID is driving the next generation of security and compliance applications in a healthcare, industrial and commercial environments. We are helping organizations identify, locate, track and protect their people and assets. GuardRFID delivers the most robust, multi-purpose, real-time location platform – one that is flexible, interoperable and scalable.
GuardRFID prides itself on delivering unparalleled real-time location technologies and a feature-rich IoT system that uses active RFID.
When you think Real-time location and the Internet of Things (IoT), think GuardRFID.
Objective of the Position
Reporting to our CTO & VP of Engineering, as our Embedded Software Developer you will become an integral part of our Research and Development team. Your contributions will be key in the creation and development of our Real-time Location Platform.
- Embedded software design and development for products based on ARM Cortex microcontroller architecture.
- Development of low power wireless products based on Wi-Fi and BLE protocols.
- Active usage of test and debugging equipment (Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.).
- Development of Windows based utilities and scripts required to interface with embedded products during the development.
- Participation in overall embedded product development design from conception to manufacturing introduction.
- Design documentation writing and maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.Sc. or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Strong preference will be given to candidates with Electrical Engineering degree.
- 5+ years of embedded software development ranging from good understanding of how the compiler generates the code, how start-up assembler routines work to 802.x and TCP/IP protocol implementation in multithreaded real-time applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Layer 1 and Layer 2 wireless networking protocols.
- Very good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Dynamic personality and capable of working as a part of the multi-disciplinary team with full ownership of own deliverables.
Currently our operations have been primarily remote. On site activities will be addressed as time progresses and well be specific to the employee or position requirements.
Temporarily, part time due to COVID-19
Remote initial interview process, in person interview adhering to Covid-19 precautions
Virtual meetings, small in person meetings adhering to Covid-19 precautions
We work collectively every day, to make GuardRFID a great place to spend your day. We work as a unit, putting ideas into action to deliver best-in-class solutions that change the way our customers work. We believe in and support our fellow team members to become the best they can be through continuous training and development: providing innovative programs in leadership, safety, customer support and more.
If words like “creative”, “self-motivated”, “diligent”, “analytical” and “team-oriented” are how you describe yourself, then it’s about time we learn more about each other.
We have some amazing opportunities for inspired and talented professionals like you.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!!