Reporting to our CTO/VP of Engineering as our Software Development Manager you will be an integral part of our Research and Development team. You will be responsible for a talented team of software developers whose contributions play a key role in the creation and development of our Real-time Location Platform.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of software engineers in the design and development of new and existing software products that include backend servers, various client apps (desktop, web, Android, iOS), as well as embedded software for proprietary hardware products (based on different RTOS).
- Performing code reviews and overseeing the creation of and compliance with development standards and processes.
- Promote a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback and education.
- Work closely with Project Management and QA to ensure the on-time delivery of fixes, updates and new releases.
- Provide technical oversight of complex projects and maintain day-to-day in-depth awareness of projects and technical issues.
- When required, willing to personally assist with software development and troubleshooting issues.
- Sc. or higher in Computer Science and/or related field.
- 3+ years experience managing software development teams.
- 5+ years of prior commercial experience as a software developer
- Experience with TDD practices.
- Skilled in Java, JS, RESTful API, Docker, SQL databases, Angular,
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience with at least one RTOS.
- Hands-on experience with design and development of scalable web services and systems.
- Preferred experience: AWS, Docker Compose or Kubernetes, wireless communication systems, real time data acquisition systems.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills.
- Dynamic personality and capable of working as a part of the multi-disciplinary team with full ownership of own deliverables.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.