Enterprise class platform with built-in support for Real Time Location, Tracking and Security for Patients, Staff, Visitors and Assets
Vancouver, BC – March 15, 2013
Guard RFID Solutions Inc., an industry leader in active RFID/RTLS technology has announced the general release of its Argus AllGuard 3.2 Server platform with enhanced functionality that supports its full suite of RTLS and Security applications within the same infrastructure for healthcare facilities. This avoids having several disparate networks being used for the different use cases, minimizing initial investment and ongoing maintenance costs. The AllGuard suite of applications includes:
- TotGuard Infant Security – the only solution that supports Umbilical, Tamper Sensing and Cut-Band technology based tags within one system, and offers room level Mother-Baby matching.
- AllGuard Pediatric Security – offering a unique and patented cut-band technology with no exposed metal surfaces that can potentially corrode.
- AllGuard Patient Wandering Protection – available with the option of Perimeter Protection only, or as a full featured RTLS and Perimeter combination.
- AllGuard Asset Tracking and Security – offers the smallest tags available with four year battery life, making them virtually maintenance free.
- SafeGuard Staff Duress – uses GuardRFID’s Staff Tag with Tag Paging, Panic Alarm annunciation and “Man Down” functionality.
The Argus AllGuard platform includes interfaces for a variety of protocols, including LDAP, HL-7, COMP2 Paging and SMTP email notification, and is integrated and certified for collaborative use with leading access control and video management systems.
“We continue to evolve our technology and solutions to provide healthcare facilities the most robust and full-featured solutions possible, while maintaining our vision of having a single platform that provides utility for a broad range of applications”, said Zahir Abji, GuardRFID’s President and CEO. “The Argus AllGuard single platform concept significantly reduces the investment required to deploy multiple RTLS and Security applications. It also allows facilities the flexibility to initially implement one solution and then add other solutions and functionality over a period of time as and when they are required.”
Due to their ease of use, reliability and robustness, GuardRFID’s suite of applications have been selected as the systems of choice by many high profile healthcare facilities. Its tag platform has been designed to be highly resistant to RF noise interference from devices such as smartphones placed in close proximity to its tags, enhancing the security of patients within the healthcare environment, as an example.
About Guard RFID Solutions, Inc.
Guard RFID Solutions, Inc. develops Active Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies and products for Healthcare, Industrial, and Enterprise applications. Guard RFID Solutions, Inc.’s products can accurately track and locate equipment, materials, and people for enhanced automation, workflow, monitoring, and security solutions—all on one flexible platform. Guard RFID Solutions, Inc. is federally incorporated in Canada, with its head office in British Columbia sales offices in Chicago, IL and West Palm Beach, FL.